Jason McGinnis – South Bay Farmers Home Insurance Expert Shares His Story Two Time Championship Agent for Farmers Insurance Gets Personal

By
Advertisement


Two Time Championship Agent for Farmers Insurance Gets Personal. Jason is one of Farmers Insurance top agents her in Los Angeles, we had a chance to meet up with him and ask all the questions many of his current clients and clients to be wanted to know. The Hill Section Magazine in the South Bay also Highlighted Jason so together we got a full history. When you are a leader and considered an expert in the insurance industry like Jason McGinnis it is good to share a bit about the person so new and current clients have a better understanding about their award winning agent.


Tell us about your younger years?  I was born and raised in Los Angeles, went to Notre Dame High School and then went to UC Santa Barbara, which some people refer to as the Harvard of the west.  Ok, only UC Santa Barbara alumni would call it that.  I love basketball, soccer, and football, and played on one of UCSB’s last football teams before they shut down the team. 


Why do you like working in the South Bay and serving the residents of the Hill Section?  I love being active and I love the beach.   The South Bay is special to me because people work hard, but also manage to have fun and live healthy, active lifestyles.  Whether it’s going to the gym, playing beach volleyball, or just taking a jog on the strand, South Bay residents seem to have a good work/life balance.  


How long has your company been in business? I have been an insurance agent for 12 years, and I have had my own agency for 9 years now. 


How did you get into your business? While managing an enterprise rent-a-car location, I was offered a position with AAA to manage 10 insurance agents in Northridge.  A little over 2 years after taking the job, AAA changed their business model from having individual agents who sold to their clients and serviced them, to using an 800 line for client service.  I decided that I wanted to be able to build long term relationships with clients so I looked around and found an opportunity to open my own Farmers Insurance Agency


Describe what your company does?
We offer the highest quality service available and the proof is in the pudding as they say, there is a reason I received one of Farmers highest honors by being awarded The Championship Agent Award not once but twice. We are very clear about delivering excellent service, affordable prices, the right coverage and I always guarantee my personal commitment to being available when you have questions or if a problem affects you. We offer a full line of insurance products for my clients.  I offer auto, home, life, business, worker’s comp, boat, earthquake, umbrella, and even pet insurance. 


What makes you different from other Farmers agents? I don’t have the largest agency around, and that is on purpose.  I know my clients and they know me.  I look for long term clients that want an insurance agent who can advise them when their lives change or when they have a claim.  Most agents have their clients call the claims department themselves.  I always have my clients call me first.   Because I look for long term clients I am able to see beyond the present.  The advantage to you is that I am an extremely low pressure agent.  I have had many occasions where I will take a look at a potential client’s insurance policy and tell them to stay with their current carrier.  I had one woman show me her auto policy and I advised her to stay with her current carrier, but told her that she was being overcharged for her daughter.  I saved this person (Christine N.) over $100 a month on her auto insurance and I didn’t even get the sale.  


What are five key points you would like highlighted about your business? 1. Service and I mean the best service. We have a great product but it is only as good as the people who stand behind it. Our service is #1 and every employee that works under the Jason McGinnis / Farmers Insurance banner will answer the exact same way. Farmers designates their top “well rounded” producers “Championship Agents”. .  I am proud to say that I have been a Farmers Championship Agent for 2 of the last 3 years.  This designation isn’t about being the biggest agency, or having the highest closing ratios.  A championship agent must have high retention rates and have a well-rounded agency that doesn’t just focus on one product.    2. Availability.  My clients get not only my office number, but also my cell phone number. 3.  Flexibility.  I am appointed with Farmers insurance, which gives me exclusive access to Farmers products, and I can go outside of Farmers, when my clients have a need that Farmers can’t fill.  If a client needs a construction policy while remodeling their home, I can write that policy outside of Farmers.  If a client has classic cars, I can write those policies outside of Farmers.  If a client is in a high fire zone area, I can write insurance through the California Fair Plan, or I can write their policy with a surplus lines brokerage.  The point is, I am the one person to go to for your insurance needs. 4. Occupation discounts.  Farmers has discounts for many different occupations and certain college degrees that have specific majors, even if you aren’t working in the same field as your major.  We give up to 15% off of auto insurance and up to 10% off of home insurance if you qualify.  Doctors, nurses, engineers, scientists, firefighters, police officers, teachers, accountants, and many other occupations and/or degrees can qualify.  5. Consistency.  I have been in the city of Los Angeles for all of my 42 years.  I have an established business and I am not going anywhere.  



Given your business expertise and the nature of what you do, what advice (whether general or specific) can you offer to the residents?  Please, please, please, check your liability limits for home and auto insurance.  California is the most litigious state in America, and if you aren’t properly insured, you are risking your house, your investments, and your future earnings by being underinsured. 


What is some of the feedback you have received from your clients/customers regarding your business’ services?  Clients are often surprised that I can give them personal service and yet also save them money.  


What is the most rewarding aspect of your work?  I love making a sale, but the most rewarding part of my business is being able to help a client through a difficult claims issue.  I had a client that called my in a panic at 6pm, and said that his wife was in a car accident in their car that was 1 week old, was quite scared, and was being harassed by the other party at the scene.  I was able to walk him through what to do, what to say, where to have their car towed and reassured both the husband and the wife, that they would be taken care of.  I don’t think Farmers would approve of this as a tagline, but I told my clients,  “accidents suck, I make them suck less.”. 


What advice would you offer those who are looking at services such as what your business has to offer – what should they look for? What should they do before they contact you?  I have many clients that call me and say, “I am paying this much for insurance, what is your quote?”  My advice to anyone looking at comparing insurance policies is to make sure you have your declaration pages with you when you talk to a licensed agent.  Also, make sure that the agent you are talking to is going to be your agent for the long term, and is not going to just be a sales agent, and then push you off on a call center for service. 



Anything else you’d like to share about yourself or your business? Hopefully you have seen my ad that features my family, in the Hill Section magazine before.  I have been married for 7 years and have 2 daughters that are 4 and 5 years old.  It won’t be anytime soon, but 20 years or so from now, my plan is to be able to bring one or both of my daughters on board to my agency and have McGinnis and Daughter(s) insurance.  I don’t know if they will go for that, but that is my plan.



Contact :
Farmers Insurance
23875 Ventura Blvd Ste 203a
Calabasas, CA 91302
USA

PHONE NUMBERS
Office:(747) 900-4304
Alternate:(818) 203-8662
Fax:(818) 647-6393



Media Contact:
14431 Ventura Blvd. Suite 104
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Phone/Fax: 310 – 945-7414

0 comments:

Post a Comment